Created in 2014 CGN EE (Europe Energy) is a subsidiary 100% owned by CGN Group (China General Nuclear Power Corporation), world leader in the nuclear energy sector. CGN Group is diversifying its portfolio in the renewable energies sector with CGN Europe Energy fully dedicated on the renewable energies. CGN EE owns currently around 2.4 GW in operation and construction in Europe.
In order to monitor and improve the external trading performance, we are looking for a:
POWER MARKET MANAGER – W/M
The day-to-day activities of this role include co-operating with external traders and performing independent markets analysis and reports. In addition, this role will play a key part in assessing and re-negotiating project PPAs. You are responsible of the activities related to Europe energy market analysis, manage the external trading activities and develop directional market views, build independent analyses and provide positions to give to CGNEE a competitive advantage.
Occasional travel will be required to meet or conference with traders.
· Market Analyst or Energy Trader with relevant experience in energy market area.
· Demonstrated understanding of European energy market and familiar with financial derivatives, valuation methods and the main risk management indicators.
· Clear and effective communication both written and verbal; ability to explain and convey messages about complex issues and models; ability to work in multi-cultural environment
· Honest, proactive team-player that takes initiative and can work effectively during times of pressure
· Computer-literate and possesses excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, programming software is a plus.
· Fluent English is mandatory and good French level is a plus.
The position will be based in Paris (La Défense), Dublin or Bordeaux.