CGN Europe Energy Ireland (CGNEEIL) manage 350MW of wind assets across 18 wind farms in both the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland and mainland UK. CGNEEIL is a wholly owned subsidiary of CGN Europe Energy, a leading renewable energy company which has invested significantly in renewable assets across Europe with over 2GW in construction or operation.
CGNEEIL are currently seeking to grow our team through the addition of an experienced, motivated, solution-focused Wind farm Grid & Asset Manager with a good track record to manage the on-going operations of our portfolio wind farms. Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, you will be primarily responsible for ensuring that the portfolio of wind farms remains compliant with all statutory and local grid requirements to best possible practice and that performance is optimal.
Wind farm Grid & Asset Manager
· Manage grid connections and HV aspects of the portfolio of wind farms in UK & Ireland
· Support grid aspects and compliance with our European portfolio
· Maintain relationships with grid operators
· Explore avenues for wind farm revenue enhancement e.g. system services
· Monitor and analyse wind farm dispatch down
· Manage HV switching and interfaces
· Lead the electrical aspect of any repowering project – design/agreements/negotiations
· Lead the grid aspect of any HV-related repairs/maintenance
· Maintain & manage grid code compliance
· Conduct contractual management of all HV & grid aspects
· Provide Technical Asset Management
· Conduct quarterly inspections of the sites as required
· Perform general wind farm asset management duties as required
· Carry out safety inductions, manage contractors, provide toolbox talks and manage on site risks
· Conduct HSE plan review and compliance check on a regular basis.
· Ensure CGNEE site standards are maintained
· Manage competitive pricing processes for required work
· Exercise technical and commercial management of subcontractors
· Track wind farms production, alarms and malfunctions
· Complete monthly reports including production, availability and outage reporting as required
· Liaise and manage relationship with local stakeholders, landowners, residents, third parties and authorities
· Manage and follow-up of claims in connection with the insurer
· Optimise production and asset enhancement
· Ensure periodic meetings with contractors
· Manage windfarm land leases
· Report any legal/commercial implications to senior management and support the resolution of these issues as appropriate
· Travel to CGNEE wind farm sites in Ireland and UK as required. Occasional trip within Europe are also possible
· Take a leadership role when required on issues and ensure they are driven to completion
· Undertake such other duties/responsibilities as may be assigned to you from time to time.
· Qualification in Engineering or equivalent technical qualification
· Minimum of 6 years’ experience in windfarm grid operations/management including grid code compliance, HV design etc
· Excellent team player, goal-orientated, dynamic with the skill to motivate others successfully.
· Strong stakeholder relationship building skills
· Excellent organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines
· Quick learner: when faced with new situations/problems, take guidance well and develop a full understanding of the matter
· Natural problem solver who tenaciously seek to find a solution to operational issues
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to report both good and bad news on issues, current project status, upcoming deadlines etc in a precise manner
· Computer literate with good knowledge of MS Office. SCADA knowledge an advantage
· Full, clean driver’s licence (category B)
· Speak and write fluent English
· Based in Dublin, but willing to travel 30% of the time.
CGNEE is the winner of RoSPA and Good Work Standard Awards
CV should be sent to email@example.com